Teide National Park Hiking
Join our friendly guides as we set off on foot to discover the natural wonders of Tenerife. Pass by the massive boulders on the Roques de García trail as you marvel at the amazing lava rock formations.
Roques de García, Teide National Park
This Roques de García trail is ideal for those who want to experience the spectacular Teide National Park while keeping their feet firmly on the ground. This circular trail is approximately 3.5 km long and offers a very pleasant hike of medium difficulty, rising to a maximum elevation of about 2,100m above sea level.
We begin by walking past the stunning Los Roques rock formations themselves, giving you an opportunity to take in their unique splendour from different angles as well as admiring the wider landscape, including Mount Teide in the background. From there we continue down to the valley of Llano de Ucanca where the scenery is so peculiar that it has been said to be the closest experience that you can have of being on Mars.
On the way back the sights include the waterfall-shaped lava formation La Cascada as well as the spectacular solidified lava ‘chimney’ known as The Cathedral.
- We pick up our adventurers from the hotel and take them to Teide National Park, and then continue on foot along the hiking trail.
- The adventurers are rewarded with a lunch/picnic at the end of the hike.
Please take into consideration
- The road to Teide National Park is winding and might cause car sickness
- The weather conditions in the National Park can change rapidly; the temperature drops and it can get windier up on the mountain
- The terrain on the trails is at times rocky and challenging
- To wear warm, accommodating clothing
- Wind and waterproof jacket
- Proper hike or sports footwear
- Gloves and a hat just in case the weather gets cold
- Sunglasses and sunblock
|Roques de Garcia||52€ / per person|
|Roques de Garcia for children||36€ / per child|